Four New BMW Models will be Unveiled This Fall in Frankfurt
At this year's International Frankfurt Motor Show, BMW is expected to unveil four new models. Among the four vehicles expected to make their premier are the 2012 M5, M3 GTS Sedan, redesigned 1-Series, and I3.
At this time, Autohaus BMW doesn't have the full details on any of these forthcoming BMWs... Just an overview we've provided below. We do, however, promise more details as they become available.
2012 BMW M5 At a Glance- Production version
- New more fuel-efficient V8 engine
- Built with heavy usage of carbon fiber on an all-new aluminum chassis
- Produces 25 percent less C02 than predecessor
- Revamped exterior and more opulent interior
- Black Panel technology (originally debuted in the 7)
- Power: 578 horsepower (hp)
- Zero to 62 MPH Sprint Time: 4.4 seconds
- Top Speed: 155 mph (or 188 mph with optional M Driver's Package)
- Ceramic brakes for the first time ever (F10 M5 only)
BMW M3 GTS At a Glance- Alternative to the M3 GTS Coupe
- Enhancements to power, brakes, suspension and exhaust
- Additional details expected to be revealed at the end of June, with the 24 Hours of Nürburgring
Redesigned BMW 1-Series At a Glance- New hatch body
- Longer wheelbase and wider track than current model
- Designed to compete directly with the A3, an entry-level, premium market leader
- Enhanced aerodynamic aesthetic
- Punched up headlights, bumper and kidney grille design
- LED signals added to the side mirrors
- Refined interior luxury
BMW I3 At a Glance- Concept
- World's first volume-produced vehicle, featuring a carbon passenger cell
- Powered by an 150-hp electric engine
- Top Speed: 100 mph
- Driving Range: 160 mi.
- Most Recent Estimated Cost: $35,000
If you're fortunate enough to have a trip scheduled for Germany between September 13 and September 25, we recommend you make a pit stop in Frankfurt to feast your eyes on the future direction of BMW vehicles for yourselves. And be sure to stay tuned to learn more about the BMW brand and BMW innovations. Autohaus BMW, located at 3015 S. Hanley Rd. Saint Louis, MO 63143, is dedicated to keeping you informed.